Thursday, May 8, 2008

I've reached a milestone

Tonight it dawned on me that I’ve managed to accomplish something big without even trying. No, I didn’t win the lottery or find a cure for my insomnia. But believe me, I have tried, it’s just that the balls never roll in my favor. And I gave up on the lottery a long time ago.

The milestone is, in the last week I’ve managed to tick off (or at least annoy) a record 1,940 people. But not just any people.

I was checking my stats for the last week, and it turns out that 1,940 people who viewed my blog in that time used Google Images to hunt down Vanity Fair pictures of Miley Cyrus. But in the post that received the hits, I only mentioned the pics and didn’t actually post any. This means that I’ve managed to waste a few precious minutes of 1,940 people’s lives. I know I do that every week on a slightly smaller scale, but these folks possibly give a damn about Miley Cyrus. And odds are that a lot of them were hard core fans since my blog is at the bottom of the barrel. This gives me a warm and fuzzy feeling. Especially since I didn’t plan it. I wasn’t rubbing my hands together with a cigar hanging out of my mouth thinking, “Ah ha, I know exactly how to get a handful of those kids, concerned parents and perverts now!”

I think before this, the most people I’ve managed to irk in a week’s time was 24, back in April. Wait, that was family so it doesn’t count.

I wonder how many will be slighted this time around?

Who do you like to annoy?

No comments:

Post a Comment